Widest sump that fits regular 125 gal stand?

softiesplease

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2023
Messages
395
Reaction score
184
Location
Port St Lucie FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Does anyone know if a standard aqueon/marineland 72x18 stand would fit a 16 inch wide trigger systems sump? Or is it cutting it too close with the stand being that narrow? Feel like it should fit but I wanted to ask.
 
It's not the width that limits you, it's the diagonal. The sump has to fit diagonally then turn into place.

You also want a little room around the sump to work and plumb.
 
It's not the width that limits you, it's the diagonal. The sump has to fit diagonally then turn into place.

You also want a little room around the sump to work and plumb.
Gotcha thank you so the length of the sump comes into play here too. But sounds like 14 inch width if I can is best. Can’t the sump go through the top of the stand before the tank is set up? Standard marine land double overflow 125 gal im planing. Bashsea makes longer sumps at 14 width unlike trigger I think
 
Does anyone know if a standard aqueon/marineland 72x18 stand would fit a 16 inch wide trigger systems sump? Or is it cutting it too close with the stand being that narrow? Feel like it should fit but I wanted to ask.
You will have 16" of clearance and therefore a 20g long and 30 gal will fit
 
Gotcha thank you so the length of the sump comes into play here too. But sounds like 14 inch width if I can is best. Can’t the sump go through the top of the stand before the tank is set up? Standard marine land double overflow 125 gal im planing. Bashsea makes longer sumps at 14 width unlike trigger I think
Most fill fit through rear of stand or can be dropped in from top PRIOR to placing tank on the stand
 
Gotcha thank you so the length of the sump comes into play here too. But sounds like 14 inch width if I can is best. Can’t the sump go through the top of the stand before the tank is set up? Standard marine land double overflow 125 gal im planing. Bashsea makes longer sumps at 14 width unlike trigger I think
Never, ever, ever put a sump where you cannot extract it without taking the DT apart. With my next build, the stand will have a side door and my sump will be able to clear the stand WITH the hardware intact if I so choose. Too many things can go wrong with a sump and trust me, breaking down a DT and setting it right back up is a HUGE chore. I've had to do it.
 
Never, ever, ever put a sump where you cannot extract it without taking the DT apart. With my next build, the stand will have a side door and my sump will be able to clear the stand WITH the hardware intact if I so choose. Too many things can go wrong with a sump and trust me, breaking down a DT and setting it right back up is a HUGE chore. I've had to do it.
Got it thanks for the tip
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new