Wife Said I can get Another Tank

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife came to me today and said that there is an empty space on one wall that needs something. I can get another tank if I like to fill the spot.

I thought I would never hear those words coming out of her mouth. It was something so unexpected that I had to post it here.

I am thinking of doing a grow-out tank where I can experiment and test some theories.

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to build one that looks like Jeff Porter's tank. I really liked the way his tank looks.

BTW Jeff. What did you say was your tank's dimension again?

Van, it’s 48x31.5x19. Thanks for the compliment. Come on by and I’ll get you a coral out of it. JP

OP
OP
vanpire

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, you are the best. I would love to check out your tank. You family is OK with me going there in this environment? Just want to make sure. Of course, I will wear a mask and I can even bring some zoas. I started fragging out some today.

My SPS are in the growing out stage after the tank crash while is was in the Philippines.

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, you are the best. I would love to check out your tank. You family is OK with me going there in this environment? Just want to make sure. Of course, I will wear a mask and I can even bring some zoas. I started fragging out some today.

My SPS are in the growing out stage after the tank crash while is was in the Philippines.

Maybe we can set some time for next weekend. PM me and we can arrange. JP

OP
OP
vanpire

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am taking it very slowly. Deciding on what tank to set up and stuff. It won't happen overnight. Hoping I can learn from Jeff, Bill and others...

And besides, I have a tank so I am moving slower than if I didn't have a tank.

OP
OP
vanpire

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife came back with some after the fact conditions before I can start building the tank. I am not in a position to argue, and don't want to because I plan spend thousands of dollars on a build.

Wives can be sneaky. They get you all excited and then gives you conditions on what they want, knowing you have no choice.

Condition 1- Completed: Replace a perfectly good toilet with a TOTO automatic washlet, a Japanese toilet that cleans itself, knows when to lift the lid, will put the seat down if I forget and a bunch of other stuff that I don't care about. It was a very expensive replacement for a perfectly good one, but again, I was not in a position to argue.

1591551627219.png

Condition 2: In Progress: Re-landscape the back-yard to add grass for my new puppy. Puppy loves grass. Prepared and fertilized the yard and added sprinklers. Sod will arrive next week so I can complete my tasks and start on the tank.

1591551757807.png

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should have had all the conditions worked out in advance. My experience with the girls are that they will always move the goal posts. Next time I suggest writing up a simple contract. Now, stop cancelling my number from all the local free drawings. JP

Payne Train

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife came back with some after the fact conditions before I can start building the tank. I am not in a position to argue, and don't want to because I plan spend thousands of dollars on a build.

Wives can be sneaky. They get you all excited and then gives you conditions on what they want, knowing you have no choice.

Condition 1- Completed: Replace a perfectly good toilet with a TOTO automatic washlet, a Japanese toilet that cleans itself, knows when to lift the lid, will put the seat down if I forget and a bunch of other stuff that I don't care about. It was a very expensive replacement for a perfectly good one, but again, I was not in a position to argue.

1591551627219.png

Condition 2: In Progress: Re-landscape the back-yard to add grass for my new puppy. Puppy loves grass. Prepared and fertilized the yard and added sprinklers. Sod will arrive next week so I can complete my tasks and start on the tank.

1591551757807.png
Odd question but is that a paperbark maple on the right there ? Lol I just planted two of those as I am landscaping my house right now too :)

OP
OP
vanpire

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd question but is that a paperbark maple on the right there ? Lol I just planted two of those as I am landscaping my house right now too :)
No. It’s a fig tree. Great producer too.

I do have a Texas redbud and a live oak in the yard. U don’t see them much in the valley but I like them.

Dream54ing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, i know you have the light fixture, so what's the hold up!! :) following...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back