View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time on this Thread wow
Stunning tank
Stunning aqua scape
Love the corals
You have thought about this set up before doing it and it’s turned out bang on .
And before I forget we have all had losses it’s part of the hobby yes it p you off but head up and keep looking forward . You have done a great job . Enjoy your journey

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s some more naked snail pics since there is nothing else worth adding atm haha

IMG_0407.jpeg
IMG_0410.jpeg

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new wc shed system coming along
IMG_0484.jpeg

It reclaimed some much needed garage space and is just on the other side of the wall the display, for the future awc I hope to get set up.

The build a shed kit was actually easier to build than expected

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it plumbed in and leak tested(with the hose)… passed with flying colors

any suggestions on the 1-3gallons of water at the bottom I can’t drain? Thinking of letting the ro fill up and maybe fill 30-40 gallons and then drain again to hopefully dilute and remove the 300tds tap water out?

Thoughts?

IMG_0516.jpeg

Last edited:

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

any suggestions on the 1-3gallons of water at the bottom I can’t drain? Thinking of letting the ro fill up and maybe fill 30-40 gallons and then drain again to hopefully dilute and remove the 300tds tap water out?

Thoughts?

IMG_0516.jpeg
Can you put a hose in the top and siphon the rest out?

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AhCan you put a hose in the top and siphon the rest out?
It’s only 1-2” deep max, I think I’ll mix some 0tds water with it and then check and see. I might just flush it all and use the water to water the plants or top off the jacuzzi ‍
Shoulder Shrug Idk GIF by MOODMAN

Blade*13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thoughts?

IMG_0516.jpeg
Just get a cheap sump pump that pulls from the bottom off Amazon, something similar to the sicce utility pump

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get a cheap sump pump that pulls from the bottom off Amazon, something similar to the sicce utility pump
I ended up filling the barrel 40 gallons then pumping that to some of the trees around my yard and then filled the tank again to the top and drained into jacuzzi for a water change hopefully that was enough to get it all out or diluted to such a non point we won’t have issues. Fingers crossed

Blade*13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up filling the barrel 40 gallons then pumping that to some of the trees around my yard and then filled the tank again to the top and drained into jacuzzi for a water change hopefully that was enough to get it all out or diluted to such a non point we won’t have issues. Fingers crossed
If nothing else for peace of mind treat the water with some prime for chlorine and have fun

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I’ve added a sera x auto feeder with a mix of pellet flake and benereef food

The fish have taken to it, they all sit looking up at “the tube” and now I’m chopped liver…

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I need some input,

I’m considering adding ozone with an avast unit

It’s a substantial chunk of change but thinking I can discontinue my uv and h202 dosing in exchange for ozone dosing?

Hoping to get the ultra clear water benefits along with (I’ve read) algae control/possible disease control and coral toxin detoxification?

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
IMG_0732.jpeg
Wife surprised me and my Christmas gift was a new @AVAST Marine ozone set up. Good thing I didn’t order one too haha she ordered it and gave me the confirmation as the gift so I don’t have it yet but it will be here soon enough!

Now I have to figure out setup and operating

RJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome, she is alright. I have their reactor too. They will happily help you with any issues, I have to do a video call with them to get mine running properly. It is not complicated and the instructions are clear I just needed help which they voluntarily gave. You should get a Poseidon ozone generator if you don't already have one.

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome, she is alright. I have their reactor too. They will happily help you with any issues, I have to do a video call with them to get mine running properly. It is not complicated and the instructions are clear I just needed help which they voluntarily gave. You should get a Poseidon ozone generator if you don't already have one.
She purchased the full bundle with Poseidon generator from them. I’m stoked

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool setup and sorry to hear about your loss. I’ve lost all designer clowns due to Brook so I know how you feel. Just let the tank mature some more and I’m confident the corals will bounce back. I had issues with my nem tank and after 5mos with 2 ugly phases, it’s now super stable and on autopilot mode!

Keep the updates coming…

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the tank had its first week long vacation without anyone here and it went great. Ato still had around 4 days of water still in it feeder had plenty of food and it appears we would have been fine to be away for the rest of those 4 days

The cameras and automation gave me peace of mind while we were gone

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back