Wifi cam to view tank without audio?

Jelpin16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am looking to get 2 cameras one to view my tank and one to view my sump area. My tank is located in our living room so I would like a camera with no audio in the very unusual chance someone can hack into the camera.

I got the blink mini and attempted to search eays to manualy disable the microphone and with some tinkering with the microphone hole could not disable the audio.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Thank you

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the cheapie ones also. Your going to have a hard time outside of commercial cameras to find one with no sound, I tried about 5 years ago when I bought my first 720p cams. I just mute it through the app and place the cams so that they cannot be rotated or able to view anything besides the aquarium. The sump cam I have rotates, IDK about that since my sump is closed besides the back.

SmCaudata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am looking to get 2 cameras one to view my tank and one to view my sump area. My tank is located in our living room so I would like a camera with no audio in the very unusual chance someone can hack into the camera.

I got the blink mini and attempted to search eays to manualy disable the microphone and with some tinkering with the microphone hole could not disable the audio.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Thank you
Various hidden cameras on Amazon lack a microphone.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back