WIFI Dimmable165W LED Aquarium Light

Carl B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought these lights on ebay (4 of them for my 150) and they work ok but having issues with the app and wondering if anyone can offer some advice on here. I sometimes lose power at the house (usually for less than a minute) and when it comes back on the lights will default back to the "manual" mode vs the "auto" mode where I have all the timers set up. Normally this isn't too big of an issue but this past weekend I was away when the power outage happened and when I checked my camera in the house I noticed the lights we all on full blast (including whites). I'm not able to access the lights on the app when I'm not home so I wasn't able to fix the problem until I got home and was on my home wifi (good thing a neighbor was able to go to my house and shut them down til I got home).

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contacting the manufacture company would be my first.
Second, connect then to a controller like a APEX, by doing that you can turn them off yourself from your phone till you get home.
But it will be a pain if you are on vacation for a week and your lights are off for days.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some lights don't "do" memory hold w/ out power .Some do w/ a small battery inside or other tricks.
Only suggestion is different lights or a UPS (uninterruptible power supply).

Hmmm. "out of the box" thinking..

I have these little white "boxes" that I use for remote turn on of some lights in the house.
Their default mode is "off" so if power is lost they will not automatically turn on when its restored.
Catch of course is I need to use the RF remote to restart them..but at least your lights will stay off not on

Sure one could find remote ones and need to adhere to their max current ratings ect..
https://www.amazon.com/Century-Wire...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=2QP9YT8JV2RQH3XVCS9J

SAFE AND RELIABLE: Outlets will remain off after a power outage to save energy and protect your appliances. Ratings: 120V, 10A, 1200W › See more product details
https://www.amazon.com/Century-Wire...=1&refRID=2QP9YT8JV2RQH3XVCS9J#productDetails

OP
OP
Carl B

Carl B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contacting the manufacture company would be my first.
Second, connect then to a controller like a APEX, by doing that you can turn them off yourself from your phone till you get home.
But it will be a pain if you are on vacation for a week and your lights are off for days.

I sent the mfg an email so I will wait and see what they come back with but I'm probably going to do that as well (connect them to a controller, or wifi power strip) as a backup that I can control from my phone, better safe than sorry...

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back