AI Hydra 32 & Mobius or MMX

  • Thread starter Thread starter zbrusko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zbrusko

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2023
Messages
468
Reaction score
255
Location
CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find the AI app infuriating. Neither of my 2 lights seem to ever connect at the same time. It runs fine, but if I ever need to do anything, like reset after a power outage, it takes 10x as long as it should. I also find it infuriating that even with a literal nanosecond of power loss (I have an uninterruptible whole home battery backup), these lights revert back to midnight 1999 & require me to be in my house to reset them. Any way around this? I have an Apex - does MMX solve this somehow?

I have also 2 MP10s, and noticed in the mobius app that I can add my lights. When I try to do this, I’m told I need to first factory reset the lights. I’m willing to do this, but I don’t want to end up with an even worse experience. Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks.
 
I use the mobius app with all of my AquaIllumination stuff - lights and pumps, it’s just a slightly better app than MyAI imo

It still takes longer than I’d like to connect to everything though, so I’m not sure it will solve your main problem, but it won’t be worse than what you currently deal with at least

I don’t have an apex, but my understanding is that the MXM module maintains a constant connection to the lights and pumps, so it should be able to solve all of these problems entirely
 
I use the mobius app with all of my AquaIllumination stuff - lights and pumps, it’s just a slightly better app than MyAI imo

It still takes longer than I’d like to connect to everything though, so I’m not sure it will solve your main problem, but it won’t be worse than what you currently deal with at least

I don’t have an apex, but my understanding is that the MXM module maintains a constant connection to the lights and pumps, so it should be able to solve all of these problems entirely
Good to know. Curious if anyone can confirm the MMX theory & offer some experience. Thanks!
 
I'll let you know. I am buying an MXM to see if I can salvage the garbage products from Ecotech that I have mistakenly filled my tank with. I have been having the same problems as everyone else for as long as I can remember. I finally gave up on my AI Hydra 64 that can't decide what time it is and randomly shuts off for awhile. I moved it to the Mobius app and did all the trouble shooting. I finally solved the problem by replacing it with a Kessil. As my other AI products die, I'll be doing the same. No point trusing this company anymore. Expensive mistake learned.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new