WiFi Dual Gyre / Icecap 2k/4k not accepting settings?

pup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue. I have a wifi dual gyre setup with a 2k and a 4k, one on each side. Today it seems the setup is now longer obeying my settings. I have it set to 40% max on both sides and the pumps are going at over 70% nearly the whole time. I've restarted the controller, deleted and recreated the pumps, nothing seems to fix this. I have sand everywhere now. I had finally gotten the pumps dialed in where I was getting good flow and no sand disruption, any help is appreciated. I also opened a ticket.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue. I have a wifi dual gyre setup with a 2k and a 4k, one on each side. Today it seems the setup is now longer obeying my settings. I have it set to 40% max on both sides and the pumps are going at over 70% nearly the whole time. I've restarted the controller, deleted and recreated the pumps, nothing seems to fix this. I have sand everywhere now. I had finally gotten the pumps dialed in where I was getting good flow and no sand disruption, any help is appreciated. I also opened a ticket.

I am very sorry for the trouble you are experiencing. You did the right thing by submitting a ticket. If granted permission, the tech support representative can actually check your controller's settings so they can troubleshoot just as effectively as if they were right there with you. Our developers have been making updates to the app at a rapid rate with the launch of our aquarium controllers on Saturday, so I am appreciative you've potentially identified and reported a bug so we can fix it ASAP. I've occasionally read reports about slower flow being generated than what was expected. I've found this to result from having a max speed range set when it doesn't need to be. But higher flow is unusual and certainly cause for concern if you haven't heard back yet, I am sure CV support will get back to you tomorrow with a solution or next steps if a replacement pump and/or controller are required. Good luck! Please follow up here to let us know how it turns out.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back