WiFi/LAN & Hotspot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if I connect my doser 2.1 via a wired connection if I can still create a wifi hotspot that my P4 can connect to.

My router is about 20 feet from my P4 but the signal has always been low and getting GCC to connect wirelessly to either the P4 or Doser via WiFi almost never works. So I figured since the doser has a LAN connection I could create an access point off that connection.

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Ed the issue here is the P4 being WiFi only. I have two wired lines from my router to the back of my tank from when I had the Apex so I have two open connections. One is being used by the doser 2.1 but unfortunately the P4 does not have a LAN card so I'm stuck with wifi. My thinking was that if the doser could created an access point off the wired LAN connection i could have the P4 connect to that access point since they are sitting side by side.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be the best way with out Ethernet. Other choice is moving the Profilux. I am I. The process of putting all my electronics for my tank in my garage gets all the equipment to easy access tried of crawling on tank stands for 40 years. [emoji3]

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if I connect my doser 2.1 via a wired connection if I can still create a wifi hotspot that my P4 can connect to.

My router is about 20 feet from my P4 but the signal has always been low and getting GCC to connect wirelessly to either the P4 or Doser via WiFi almost never works. So I figured since the doser has a LAN connection I could create an access point off that connection.

Keep posted if this works, I am having same issue, picks up doser, which is further away from router than p4. Weird.
I do wish they had a LAN, I'd like to just leave it hardwired.

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sent a FW update for my wifi module mid March and it didn't improve anything but I see that post is from the 6th of this month so I will ask for a beta FW to try it out.

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I solved my low signal issues. I flashed an old router with DD-WRT firmware and turned the router into an access point by connecting both routers via the LAN ports. Now I have one router in my office and one router inside my stand. WiFi signal went from -66 to -31 with 3 full green bars.

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I meant to say 5 full bars!!

P4 WiFi.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back