WIFI UPDATE HOW TO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how the heck do i update my wifi to newest through the windows GHL control center program..

I try the internet and open the web and type my ip but doesnt low.. i go to cmd and ping the ip and time out everytime.. yet its definitely hooked to the internet because i can log on with my phone ... and in control center i go to system and it says connected... why cant i just go into the control center program and click on wifi module firmware update.. it wont let me..

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well since I don't know how to update wifi from the control center app on my desktop with my equipment hooked up via USB.

I went to my laptop and went on my wifi. I then put in my ip address in bar and nothing comes up. Doesn't find ish! I then did the emergency way. Ipaddress/update and did it this way. It worked. Anybody know why I can't do it normal way.

Also after update my wifi page is all blank. I had to fill it all out again. I tried to load my settings that I backed up and it went half way through it and error failed and shut down my entire system I had to reset it. Long story short. My settings were all there still even with the error on setting upload. But seems only my system communication page was all reset to factory

What is web interface updates. I don't recall ever hearing that or updating it and my equipment is from July 2019.

Last edited:

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

VegetaD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used laptop and usb and the updated tool and worked and I will say it has been the best update so far. I had a custom one from mattias for a few weeks but this one for over a week has worked whenever I connected it worked. No more multiple spinning circle. I am getting the notifications without issues.

Try the the update with the tool And then reboot the profilux.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can connect with my Google phone the app works. Everything works. Except if I go to url and type my ip. Nothing loads. It can't find it no matter what. I tried my p4 ip, mitras 1, and 2 ip and cannot be displayed. Also can't upload my p4 settings. It fails and error half way through.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have have dynamic IP or a static IP assigned to the device?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can connect with my Google phone the app works. Everything works. Except if I go to url and type my ip. Nothing loads. It can't find it no matter what. I tried my p4 ip, mitras 1, and 2 ip and cannot be displayed. Also can't upload my p4 settings. It fails and error half way through.
Clear your browser cache.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I was able to update it. I can careless about the browser ip way. Since I got myghl and my phone app work. But why does it have a error when trying to load my p4 settings. And I have to reset my p4.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back