Wild Caribbean Coral ID

Peter Clark

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
151
Reaction score
263
Location
Wilmette, IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back from an amazing scuba diving trip to Bonaire. Great reefs. I took literally thousands of photos while there. As I'm going through the photos, one type of coral caught my attention and I am trying to identify it. I'm not sure if it is Mustard Hill Coral (Porites astreoides) or a type of star coral (maybe Lobed Star Coral, Orbicella annularis).

IMG_5121.jpg IMG_5114.jpg IMG_5115.jpg IMG_5116.jpg IMG_5128.jpg IMG_6943.jpg IMG_2540.jpg IMG_6271.jpg IMG_6526.jpg GOPR0962.jpg
 
Porites and nice looking ones
 
Montastera/orbicella annularis
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new