Wild rocks spawn!

  • Thread starter Thread starter coezy2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

coezy2

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
75
Reaction score
56
Location
ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C9DB7D0B-1B30-49F0-8F69-03F94CE6279D.jpeg
Just had to share this! My wife and I go to the Florida Keys once a year to collect new members for our tanks. This year we brought back 5 different rock nems back in May. I was cleaning my fuge in my sump and found this little guy! Got a close up and did some research and , yep baby rock nems! Found 6 this size and the next morning while my actinics were on found about 30 more smaller ones glowing oranges, yellow, and green. I’ve been in the hobby for 40 years, fragged many corals and spawned clowns but this is new and exciting!
 
Cool! Someone posted rock flower nem spawn a couple of months ago. I guess they are not hard to spawn in captivity.
 
That's pretty cool man. I always wanted to go to the keys and collect stuff for the tank.
 
That's awesome. Wish I was close to the keys, I want some more rock nems!
 
Thanks! The guy we stay with was a commercial collector for 40 years. You can learn a lot from someone like that! They just started a new business of taking people out collecting! They bag your catch for your trip home and everything.
 
The people we stay with were commercial collectors for 40 years. I’ve learned a lot about that end of the business and the conservation of The fisheries from them. They just started a new business of taking people out collecting for their own tanks and they pack all your catch for you for the trip home!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new