Will 2 different size Jebao wavemakers work in else mode?

musicsmaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an OW-25, and I have it running maxed out on my 40 breeder. It's enough, but I feel like there could be more, since I'm going strictly SPS.

Can anyone say for certain wether the OW-25 will sync up with an OW-40? Also, is it possible to adjust the flow rate on the two pumps independently?

Thanks.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an OW-25, and I have it running maxed out on my 40 breeder. It's enough, but I feel like there could be more, since I'm going strictly SPS.

Can anyone say for certain wether the OW-25 will sync up with an OW-40? Also, is it possible to adjust the flow rate on the two pumps independently?

Thanks.

I'm not sure but the controllers should link up.

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone hasn't posted yes or no by tomorrow I'll test it for you. I've got a pp4 and a pp8, should be applicable. Feel free to remind me if I space it.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone hasn't posted yes or no by tomorrow I'll test it for you. I've got a pp4 and a pp8, should be applicable. Feel free to remind me if I space it.

I've done a RW8 linked to RW15'S and it worked.

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the controllers are universal, except for the Jebao gyre pumps. Their controllers are different.
Within the same series yes, I believe so. Actually now that you mention it I remember they say right on there, 4/8/15 or whatever. I'm sure it will work. I do know that my PP series pumps would not sync up with my newer SOW series pumps.

Reefer Optima

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I was wondering the same thing. I have a OW-10 & was looking at getting a larger model.

OP
OP
M

musicsmaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Within the same series yes, I believe so. Actually now that you mention it I remember they say right on there, 4/8/15 or whatever. I'm sure it will work. I do know that my PP series pumps would not sync up with my newer SOW series pumps.

Thanks for pointing that out. I just looked, and yes the controller actually does list 3 different models. In this case, it's OW-10/25/40. For what it's worth.

I just hope the 40 isn't too much power on full blast. I have a feeling I won't be able to independently adjust the flow rates on the two pumps. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong there. That's my only hang up keeping me from pulling the trigger right away.

Last edited:

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for pointing that out. I just looked, and yes the controller actually does list 3 different models. In this case, it's OW-10/25/40. For what it's worth.

I just hope the 40 isn't too much power on full blast. I have a feeling I won't be able to independently adjust the flow rates on the two pumps. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong there. That's my only hang up keeping me from pulling the trigger right away.
You can on the PP and SOW series so I would assume it's the same with OW. But a 40 does seem like a bit much for a 40 breeder. It seems like two 25's would be perfect. But I'm no stick head.

OP
OP
M

musicsmaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can on the PP and SOW series so I would assume it's the same with OW. But a 40 does seem like a bit much for a 40 breeder. It seems like two 25's would be perfect. But I'm no stick head.
I didn't even know about the SOW models until after I ordered. I might just get two of those because they are reportedly quieter.

The 25's pretty decent on max power, but I could use just a little bit more so maybe a 40 dialed back would be perfect. I intend to run them on the alternating setting with one as the master and the other as a slave, so only one would ever be on at a time.

Using the wave function is an entirely different situation. This thing will slosh water pretty hard. At one point when I was messing around with it, it actually made the tank Rock back and forth a little bit. Not my cup of tea.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 142 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.0%
Back