Will 300 CA Kill a Cleaner Shrimp?

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
1,388
Reaction score
1,534
Location
Tampa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost two cleaner shrimp that seemed fine. After the fact I discovered my calcium was at 300. I've got two buckets of Instant Ocean mixing at 350 and I guess monthly 15% water changes weren't able to even keep it at 350. Anyway, was CA at 300 a likely cause of the shrimp kicking the bucket? I had them for about three months and they were medium size. Died about two weeks apart. Molted several times for about a month and a half, but I don't remember any molt the last month. Periodically dose iodine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new