Will a copper banded butterfly kill my clam?

bo0sted2g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a Copper Banded Butterfly fish eat my Derasa clam?

Having a pretty tough battle against aiptasia been fighting it with Aiptasia X which seems to just turn the huge aiptasias into 10-20 little aiptasias. So now I am trying to figure out an alternative solution to fight this. My only concern is that CBB's seem to like to eat some frozen clam, this leads me to believe that my Derasa clam will likely become dinner for a CBB. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks in advance!

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I personally never had an issue with a copperband butterfly, there is always a risk unfortunately. With that said, a clams mantle can produce a mucus that can be irresistible to even tangs. I'd say try it but keep a close eye. Ever consider berghia nudibranchs?

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All animals are different, including the same species of fish. With that being said, it’s really hard to tell. Generally they do not eat clams, but is it a possibility? Yes, I guess it could be a possibility, because again, all fish are different. I have had many copper bands over the years, and pretty much all of them have one day decided to start picking at Coral. Though my clam was always untouched.

OP
OP
bo0sted2g

bo0sted2g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I personally never had an issue with a copperband butterfly, there is always a risk unfortunately. With that said, a clams mantle can produce a mucus that can be irresistible to even tangs. I'd say try it but keep a close eye. Ever consider berghia nudibranchs?

Yep those are on the battle sheet aswell.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back