Will a mag sting a BTA?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dylana407
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dylana407

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2017
Messages
977
Reaction score
878
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add a mag to my tank. I have 2 BTA. If the mag settles next to the BTA, will it sting and kill the BTA?
 
Not sure I know what a mag is. But if their both mobile inverts I doubt they would settle next to each other. And if they did most likely one would move after being stung
 
Mag is short for H. Magnifica formerly known as ritteri.
 
I have both in my tank fir years and Never had an issue with the 2 fight. Not saying it can't happen. But I wouldn't worry about your bta and mag fighting to the death
 
Thanks Anthony. That's what I was hoping to hear.
 
I saw a chart about 18 months ago that showed which nems were more likely to be or not be successful when housed together, but for the life of me cannot find it now
 
The compatibility chart is in this subforum's stickies!
 
My Mag and RBTA would sting each other. Neither moved because of it, but I did notice the tentacles sticking together, then retracting...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new