Will a non mobius MP40 pair with a mobius ready MP40?

Gophish1982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a used tank with used equipment a while back. With it came 2 MP40s. When I went to set them up, Mobius recognized only one of the pumps. After some research on my own I found out that there was a chip upgrade a while back. I have been patiently checking many sites to see if the chip comes back in stock, but it’s been 8 months and I haven’t seen one yet.

I read some manuals online and have searched these forums to see if there was a way to connect them and nothing has worked. I tried following the instructions to set up a master/slave relationship but couldn’t figure it out. I tried to “update legacy device” in the mobius app, but it doesn’t even find the older pump. I don’t know when they were produced, but they both have the QuietDrive, and I confirmed that the older one has the green RF chip.

I just got an Apex and thought maybe the WXM would give me some control over the older pump, but found it is discontinued. I could always try to buy a used one, but they seem to be selling for more then what they originally cost (and much more the the black RF chip that would solve ALL my problems)

Can someone maybe explain to me my options to get more control over this older MP40 that I have just sitting in the same mode all day?

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t believe they will pair unless both have the mobius chip or both have the old chip. At lease o have never been able to get it to work.
I’ve been searching for the mobius chips as well. Been out of stock for a while.

Good luck! And happy reefing!

Upvote 0
Back