Will a Sexy Shrimp Survive?

eliaslikesfish

A for effort
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2023
Messages
892
Reaction score
813
Location
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I had the pleasure of visiting Aquarium Poema Del Mar, the aquarium in the Canary Islands and could not get over this nem with the single sexy shrimp (vid attached)

I currently have a bunch of snails, 2 hermits, 1 fire shrimp, 2 clowns, midas blenny, a tiger and candy cane pistol shrimp that a randall’s goby goes back and forth between and a pinstripe wrasse. +a couple nems and a bunch of Euphyllia. I am just curious what the odds of survival are if I add 2 or 3 sexy shrimp…

edit: took a bunch of pics and vids and wanted to share some here but wasn’t sure if people would be interested, let me know if you are!

 
Last edited:
If they get too close to the pistol’s turf, they probably won’t live long being so small and all.
 
Hey all,

I had the pleasure of visiting Aquarium Poema Del Mar, the aquarium in the Canary Islands and could not get over this nem with the single sexy shrimp (vid attached)

I currently have a bunch of snails, 2 hermits, 1 fire shrimp, 2 clowns, midas blenny, a tiger and candy cane pistol shrimp that a randall’s goby goes back and forth between and a pinstripe wrasse. +a couple nems and a bunch of Euphyllia. I am just curious what the odds of survival are if I add 2 or 3 sexy shrimp…

edit: took a bunch of pics and vids and wanted to share some here but wasn’t sure if people would be interested, let me know if you are!


Nothing in your stock list jumps out at me as being something that will eat a sexy shrimp. Were you planning on getting them a rock flower nem or 3 as well?
 
Nothing in your stock list jumps out at me as being something that will eat a sexy shrimp. Were you planning on getting them a rock flower nem or 3 as well?
I have 3 bubble tips, 1 is hosting my clowns but the other 2 are free, does it have to be a rock flower?
 
I have 3 bubble tips, 1 is hosting my clowns but the other 2 are free, does it have to be a rock flower?
Pretty sure they like rock flowers, but I'm not that knowledgeable with them. I had one with a RFA a few years ago and they were pretty nice together.
 
hmmmm, i’m about 32% positive where the 2 pistols are burrowed, so do i risk it?

Mine knew better than to go wondering around when I had a pistol :)

They stayed up on the rocks.

Recently my yellow watchman goby tossed him out and mauled him in front of me. Now the Sexy shrimp wonder around the bottom.
 
your YWG ate your pistol? what a savage lmaoo

No, he just killed him and then went back into their (his now) lair.

No idea what triggered this since they seemed to be bros.
 
since i’m now on the topic of pistols, I never hear mine clicking and haven’t seen either of them in like a month, goby still goes to the same burrows but they just never come out anymore.. possible they’re dead or just chillin? this is how I got the candy cane after the tiger by accident thinking the tiger was dead… don’t wanna do that again lol
 
so I got my answer, it should be fine but now i’m just nervous about my female clown eating them on their way down when i first put them in, she is absolutely vicious towards my hands and anything else that goes in the tank..
 
so I got my answer, it should be fine but now i’m just nervous about my female clown eating them on their way down when i first put them in, she is absolutely vicious towards my hands and anything else that goes in the tank..
Add them with lights off so everyone goes to bed. My Clown is also mean as can be. Took the leg off a poor porcelain crab in its way down.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new