One Haddoni one ckarkii and a few sexy shrimp?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I searched but came up empty. Maybe because it can't be done so it hasn't been?
Wondering if anyone has kept a single clownfish that hosted in a haddoni and had sexy shrimp in the same nem. I'm thinking the clown would chase them out but don't know so I figured I would ask. I think it would be interesting if it's possible. For reference this is the nem and the small ckarkii. Nem is probably 7 or 8 inches wide full open.
20230609_112452.jpg

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ocellaris pair killed my anemone crabs. Moved the ocellaris to the sump when I added my pink skunk harem. They too, killed the newly added anemone crabs. Might be different with little tiny sexy shrimp, but my clowns did not tolerate the crabs in the nems.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ocellaris pair killed my anemone crabs. Moved the ocellaris to the sump when I added my pink skunk harem. They too, killed the newly added anemone crabs. Might be different with little tiny sexy shrimp, but my clowns did not tolerate the crabs in the nems.
Thanks. The info I was looking for. I was able to find some info by re-wording my search and it looks like this is the not a good idea. I figured as much but though it would be cool.

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't it be great if we could truly replicate the community that a large gigantea, haddoni, or magnifica, provide in the wild? I've seen videos of large nems hosting extended clownfish families, along with several damsels, and shrimp. It really is cool!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back