Will All Cleaner Wrasses Starve?

sanchoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pair starved for 6 years. Ate mysis, pellets, flakes.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones from Africa are much hardier. They are best if you only have one in the aquarium and some fish for the to clean. Mine is one of the fattest fish in the aquarium. He misses no meals. Have had him for years. Great fish.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have big fish and big tank. BTW. Have had fish for over 6 years. I think he is getting old now.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones from Africa are much hardier. They are best if you only have one in the aquarium and some fish for the to clean. Mine is one of the fattest fish in the aquarium. He misses no meals. Have had him for years. Great fish.
In the past few years I have found Indo and Philippine specimens to be equal to African specimens as far as survivability.

tswanso3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a lot of cleaner wrasses through the years and usually they would slowly starve, but ever since I saw the one labeled African cleaner wrasse it has been a different story. Every African I've had has eaten prepared foods. And all prepared food at that. I've never had one die because it wouldn't eat. I've had them die because they were harassed by a bigger wrasse or jumped out. If you want a cleaner wrasse, make sure you get the African one.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back