Will Clownfish/Dottyback hurt Cleaner Shrimp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LardLad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LardLad

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
431
Reaction score
324
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Clowns and 1 Orchid Dotty that have been together for 1.5 years. Can I introduce a cleaner shrimp?
 
I have had both species with cleaner shrimp before with no issues. In fact I've never had a fish that would go after my cleaner shrimp, though I know there are some - at worst the shrimp would chase the poor fish around trying to clean it! :)
 
My neon dottyback and cleaner actually hung out together for about 6 months before he killed the shrimp. I believe Orchids are bit more tame, but dottybacks can have a bad side especially if the shrimp is much smaller. If you can make sure the shrimp is close in size.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new