Will clownfish get depressed if you remove there pair

  • Thread starter Thread starter leo12345
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

leo12345

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2022
Messages
513
Reaction score
150
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a weird question but i got two clownfish a week ago and I noticed one of the clownfish had some markings that I didn’t like so i was going to go swap one out for a different clown and i was wondering if the clown i have will get like depressed if i take away the other clown because i heard that they pair and keep that pair for life?
 
It's entirely up to you, but if you have a pair that's getting along you may just want to keep them (especially if there's no signs of aggression). I have a bonded pair of fairly ordinary mocha clownfish - but I like them because they generally keep to themselves and they don't bite me. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
Upvote 0
It's entirely up to you, but if you have a pair that's getting along you may just want to keep them (especially if there's no signs of aggression). I have a bonded pair of fairly ordinary mocha clownfish - but I like them because they generally keep to themselves and they don't bite me. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Lucky… I have a black photon that bites me constantly, I refuse to pair her up.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new