Will cold water make a bubble tip anemone release?

  • Thread starter Thread starter flyinfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

flyinfish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Dublin, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Not new to the hobby but new to R2R. I found a nice rainbow bubble tip anemone from my lfs. It decided to swing itself around to the dark of my tank, on inside of my live rock, where it can't be seen. I can see it's foot/base through a hole in the lr. I have heard that using a piece of ice or a cold water blast from a turkey baster will make them release. Has anyone done this technique? Thx!
 
I wouldn't recommend it. I know it's disappointing when an anemone goes and hides where you can't enjoy it, but let it settle and in a while it'll probably move again. 🙂
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new