Will coral beauty bully clownfish

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m planing on getting a coral beauty in a few days and it will be around 2-3 inches but i have some baby Ocellaris clownfish around 1.3 inches and I’m wondering will the CB bully the clowns or vice versa because ive heard clowns can be bully’s too? Also my if someone knows what i should feed the CB that would be great too.

Ajayabb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience Coral Beauties are pretty peaceful. The clownfish can be bullies at times but they will probably get along just fine. I have 2 CBs along with 2 Maroon Clownfish in my 110 and they get along fine.

Upvote 0

Jedi Knghit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female clown bullied my coral beauty for weeks after I added it, an she wasn't just defending her space, she would seek it out on the other end of my 75 gallon tank.. The clownfish was bigger than yours, but smaller than the coral beauty. It became the master of using the aquascape to outsmart the clownfish, and eventually the clownfish gave up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

leo12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience Coral Beauties are pretty peaceful. The clownfish can be bullies at times but they will probably get along just fine. I have 2 CBs along with 2 Maroon Clownfish in my 110 and they get along fine.
Do you mind telling me what you feed the CB’s

Upvote 0

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My CB is peaceful with my clowns. However, the CB likes to play the boss against the green chromis.
Sometimes he shows his muscles to the green chromis.

Upvote 0

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have stopped trying to figure out new fish aggression.....in my experience any established fish can bully any new addition. On paper though, that combination should be fine (I have both with no issues).

Upvote 0

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral beauty bullies my Chromis but ignores my clowns. The beauty owns the rocks and does not like to share.

Upvote 0

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No he just occasionally reminds the other fish whose reef it is with an occasional chase away. Primarily as the lights go out and fish are heading to their cave spots. It's very mild territory play.
That's how mine is as well. Just chase them out of the rocks.

Upvote 0

wculver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m planing on getting a coral beauty in a few days and it will be around 2-3 inches but i have some baby Ocellaris clownfish around 1.3 inches and I’m wondering will the CB bully the clowns or vice versa because ive heard clowns can be bully’s too? Also my if someone knows what i should feed the CB that would be great too.
That will be a good combo really. The clowns will be tough and keep their spot and hold their ground. Won't be a problem with bullying.

Upvote 0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back