Will feather duster hurt a BTA? Or vice versa?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikebusc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mikebusc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2023
Messages
304
Reaction score
175
Location
Douglassville, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just today, I placed a new rainbow bubble tip anemone in my tank and it looked great and took a foot hold very quickly and then started slowly moving to find its spot. I just went to check on it after a few hours and it has placed itself behind my feather duster. And now is all shriveled. Is there something to worry about? Would it need to be moved or just let it be for now?
 
Just today, I placed a new rainbow bubble tip anemone in my tank and it looked great and took a foot hold very quickly and then started slowly moving to find its spot. I just went to check on it after a few hours and it has placed itself behind my feather duster. And now is all shriveled. Is there something to worry about? Would it need to be moved or just let it be for now?
I highly doubt a feather duster worm could do anything to a BTA, that is unless its an actual feather duster, lol🤣🤣. But, anyways, i also doubt the BTA could do anything to a feather duster.

Though, i have never kept a BTA with a feather duster. I only have a long tentacle, and i can tell for sure, they wont harm each other. Its probably shriveled because it moved. Give it some time.
 
Just today, I placed a new rainbow bubble tip anemone in my tank and it looked great and took a foot hold very quickly and then started slowly moving to find its spot. I just went to check on it after a few hours and it has placed itself behind my feather duster. And now is all shriveled. Is there something to worry about? Would it need to be moved or just let it be for now?
Anemones are the cats of reefing, they do whatever they want.

I would think the BTA could hurt the feather duster but not the other way around.
 
Bad pic but it seems to like the location it’s chosen.
IMG_0499.jpeg
 
Bad pic but it seems to like the location it’s chosen.
IMG_0499.jpeg
That pic is good enough for me😉! That anemone does look very close to the feather duster worm. If its possible to move either one, definitely do it. Its for the better.
But if it really isnt possible to move either one, then I think it should be ok. But closely monitor each of the 2 every day.
 
I’m more worried about the anemone stinging the worm to death! I believe feather dusters have sticky feeder tentacles rather than stingy ones
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new