Will firefish jump from tiny holes in my lid?

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2021
Messages
1,525
Reaction score
661
Location
north babylon
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has a few spots with no lid, should I cover it up since I am planning to get a firefish?
The holes are by the HOB.
 
Yes, I would cover everything as best as possible. Mesh of some kind works well..
 
Upvote 0
If their are holes, the fish will find a way out......firefish or not. My acrylic mesh lid covers my tank except for two small holes in the back by the overflow that I have covered with small sheets of acrylic. I have a wrasse that jumped through the hole, moved the whole sheet of acrylic, and still made it to the ground.
 
Upvote 0
My tank has a few spots with no lid, should I cover it up since I am planning to get a firefish?
The holes are by the HOB.
If they can through, sooner or later they will. They are perhaps my most notorious jumpers ever
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new