Will GSP grow on shaded areas?

docjanray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning to have GSP carpet a bare bottom tank. I have 2 main rock scapes and each has 3 stands about half inch located underneath the rocks. The rock scape is elevated and just the stand touch the bottom.

Considering the rock scape is elevated the lights wont reach the stand. Will GSP grow on shaded areas? Im afraid it will still creep from underneath the rocks and start its menace.

Tia
62DA2F15-9D89-456A-ADD4-1BD7BCCD4FFA.jpeg
69249DC7-7253-431D-A3AB-28B05A944E84.jpeg
A3F3F0C4-2A41-40E2-B88B-3E5D23B464F5.jpeg

brmreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool idea. I am thinking it depends on how much shaded areas exists between where the light under the rocks terminate and the locations of the stand legs. Looking at the designs, I think the GSP will be stopped horizontally. However, my GSP strain did develop slightly vertical lobes, so the potential to jump to an elevated rock (if close enough) does slightly exists. I think you should go ahead and do it regardless because of the potential look of the tank. Just plan on trimming back some GSP as needed if the time comes. Again, cool idea. I personally like the look of GSP, and just trim it back when I need to stop the spread. :)

OP
OP
docjanray

docjanray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool idea. I am thinking it depends on how much shaded areas exists between where the light under the rocks terminate and the locations of the stand legs. Looking at the designs, I think the GSP will be stopped horizontally. However, my GSP strain did develop slightly vertical lobes, so the potential to jump to an elevated rock (if close enough) does slightly exists. I think you should go ahead and do it regardless because of the potential look of the tank. Just plan on trimming back some GSP as needed if the time comes. Again, cool idea. I personally like the look of GSP, and just trim it back when I need to stop the spread. :)
Thanks! I hate the thought of trimming GSP around the rock scape but i love how it would look like once it all spread out.

kichimark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOVE the aquascape. The GSP will not grow in the shaded areas that you were asking and if they do branch out, it is easy to trim.

OP
OP
docjanray

docjanray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOVE the aquascape. The GSP will not grow in the shaded areas that you were asking and if they do branch out, it is easy to trim.
Thanks! Took me 4 days to make it. Now its in the bin. I appreciate ur response guys.

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is this working out? I'm intrigued!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back