Will Montipora Digitata grow back after RTN?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CedarReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CedarReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2024
Messages
42
Reaction score
26
Location
Everett, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had two sticks of digi for a couple months that have been growing and looking great. I changed both of my filter socks (the only filtration) on my 40g AIO and it seemed to cause enough of an imbalance that I started seeing dinos on the sand and rocks again. After a 3 day blackout, the dinos are gone. Before the blackout, I noticed the digi on the right had no PE and some dino strands but the one on the left looked healthy, PE and had no dinos. After the blackout, the right one had RTN’d. after a couple days it stabilized.

Will the damaged coral regrow over the skeleton or will it just get covered in algae before that can happen?
IMG_9457.jpeg
 
Usually they don't but I have had some grow over/re-encrust the RTN/STN part. Montipora are fairly resilient.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new