Will montipora quickly overtake your tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquavaj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aquavaj

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2018
Messages
762
Reaction score
431
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems if you're not very selective on what you get and not mindful of where they're mounted they can quickly overtake the tank right?

I already have a red and purple cap and thinking of getting frags of jedi mind trick, starburst, and a grafted orange/green cap. Mine are really taking off and grew from nickle size to half dollar size in 3 months.
 
They are weeds and need to be placed as such. Encrusting montis are best left to "islands" that will contain them to prevent them from spreading to the rest of the structure. I place the plating variety low and to the outside of the structure so they cant prevent light from reaching anything below them or attach to an adjacent rock. As they grow large, I break off a piece and attempt to re-home it (otherwise it ends up in the trash).

The undata (right of the capricornis) will be transfered to the 150g soon but is spreading rapidly.

30830497228_ee6ce9c750_b.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new