Will my anemone survive?! Need some advice

jingbobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys - I’m so sad right now, my anemone just got ate up in my power head. Lost all its tentacles and doesn’t looks very good. However it does seem to be still moving around pretty well. I need some advice on nursing it, anything I can do to help it along? Only thing I’ve done is turn off the power heads for now…

IMG_9404.jpeg IMG_9405.jpeg

kryskell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this happen once with my pink long tenacle bubble tip and he did recover after staying closed up for a few days. I believe as long as the foot wasnt injured it should be able to regenerate. You probably also wanna keep check on your water parameters closely, my experience with anenomes that are nursing into good health do not tolerate fluctuating parameters....down to the least little change good or bad has caused my anenome to not make it. So try to sustain from adding anything as far as supplements or substances that your dosing your tank especially those for corals until your anenome is getting back to normal. THIS IS ONLY ADVICE FROM MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL AND DO NOT HAVE ANY CREDENTIALS NOR AM I A VET. I do hope this helps and I am sure you will get other advice as well. I wish you well ...as I know how hard it is to have a tragedy involving your scaley friends....I am very sensitive to their health and well being and want the best for all of them. I dont see them as just a replaceable thing and will do whatever is best when it comes to theor wellbeing from my most expensive one the the cleanup crew. GOOD LUCK AND PLEASE KEEP.US UPDATED ON YOUR SITUATION..

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks pretty new but the color of your live rock which makes keeping a healthy anemone, let alone an anemone now on decline. Only thing you can do is try and keep your parameters as stable as possible. Even water changes may make it worse which is the hard part because any change can make it go downhill even faster.

OP
OP
J

jingbobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice on keeping my water parameters stable. I was planning to do a water change today but def skipping it. I don’t have corals and so I can probably go longer without one. It’s been 2 weeks, any experience on how long I can go without water changes? My regular maintenance has been 20% every 2 weeks.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's attached, turn the flow back on.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice on keeping my water parameters stable. I was planning to do a water change today but def skipping it. I don’t have corals and so I can probably go longer without one. It’s been 2 weeks, any experience on how long I can go without water changes? My regular maintenance has been 20% every 2 weeks.
Parameters dictate course of action. Without knowing parameters you're not even sure of the effect the water changes are having. Sorry for what you're going through. Keeping anemone in a new tank is difficult to say the least.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 106 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back