Will my cupping chalice recover...

  • Thread starter Thread starter RudeDawg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RudeDawg

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2023
Messages
108
Reaction score
172
Location
Orange County
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,
I've had this cupping chalice for over a year. It grew from a small frag to a decent sized piece with nice color. A few months ago, I upgraded my lighting to the new reef breeder meridians and noticed the chalice bleached and lost tissue. I've since moved it lower in the tank and it's been slowly regaining color. However, there's pieces where algae has grown over. What are the chances of tissue regrowing where the algae is? Is there anything I can do to help it recover? Or, should I just cut out the pieces where algae has grown out?

I've uploaded a before and after shot of the chalice. Also, that torch isn't touching the chalice. It looks close because of the angle but there's clearance.

Appreciate any helpful advice. Thank you.
20240810_204427.jpg
20241214_122632.jpg
 
Wow I'm sorry for that, it was a beautiful piece. Its about 93.6% dead now. If it was me, I see a little bit of healthy looking flesh on the left side, I would try to frag a piece of that. Good luck whatever you do.
 
Thanks!
Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll see what I can salvage and hopefully it regrows.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new