Will my urchin eat these algae wafers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maebh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Maebh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2023
Messages
243
Reaction score
157
Location
Ireland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if my Red Bell Urchin will like/benefit from these algae wafers? I have a few spare. Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-03-28 233410.png
 
I would ask the urchin because I don’t think they would hurt anything if you slipped one underneath it. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
 
If you put it under the urchin yes.
If you drop it in the tank.... your urchin would need to hit the lottery to find it, as they are pretty stupid and move randomly until something in your tank either blocks it, or kicks it off a ledge.
 
I would ask the urchin because I don’t think they would hurt anything if you slipped one underneath it. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
I've given him pieces which he devoured (over the course of a day).
 
If you put it under the urchin yes.
If you drop it in the tank.... your urchin would need to hit the lottery to find it, as they are pretty stupid and move randomly until something in your tank either blocks it, or kicks it off a ledge.
Yeah, he is gorgeous but he moves around like a really slow Roomba He eats the pieces I put under him, I just hope they are nutritional and not just tasty!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new