Will NoPox affect my ph?

adamf83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve recently started dosing NoPox to try bring down my nitrates (30ppm) and phosphate (0.09 - 0.1) a bit and noticed when testing my water my ph was down to 7.8.

Would NoPox be a possible cause of this? Also, what are peoples experience within how long NoPox takes to work? Is it a gradual thing or will it just started to happen one day?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal for carbon dosing, PH will drop, dose during lights on will lessen the swing.
I also use a doser and dose every hour during lights on.....again....will,lessen the swing.
I would not be overly concerned with PH.
It took about 3-4 weeks of daily dosing before my nitrates started to drop.
It took 4 months to go from 50 to 5ppm.
I continue to dose daily, almost 4 years now.
Carbon dosing does not lower Phosphate much at all.

66DD7E7D-A4DD-4151-81E6-914EFFC60988.jpeg

OP
OP
A

adamf83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks... good to know what I’m seeing is normal. I’m dosing manually at the moment (doser will probably be my next purchase), but always during lights on. I need to raise my alk slightly too, so I guess that will help balance things out a little.

Gator_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same very noticeable pH drop after starting NoPox two days ago. Went from peaking at 8.3 to 7.85. Does it eventually come back up and stabilize, or does it stay that low while using it?

One thing to consider is a single daily dose might be more effective than smaller multiple doses throughout the day. From what I’ve read here on R2R, multiple folks have said they got better results with a single dose, and at least one person said they contacted Red Sea and they recommend the same.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having the same very noticeable pH drop after starting NoPox two days ago. Went from peaking at 8.3 to 7.85. Does it eventually come back up and stabilize, or does it stay that low while using it?

One thing to consider is a single daily dose might be more effective than smaller multiple doses throughout the day. From what I’ve read here on R2R, multiple folks have said they got better results with a single dose, and at least one person said they contacted Red Sea and they recommend the same.

The effect on pH is not usually that great (I'd look for other explanations, such as mismeasurement), but however large it is, it does not change as the days and weeks of dosing go by.

Back