Will Red Sea come out with a KH monitor?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was interested in the Reef Factory Smart Reef environment, but I'm finding the hardware pages frustratingly devoid of details.

The Reef Beat environment and hardware, on the other hand, seem well explained and detailed. But, Red Sea doesn't have a Triton/Kh Guardian/Kh Keeper/Kh Director/Alkatronic equivalent to automate ALK measurements and adjustments for dosing. Has anyone heard that they will come out with something like this for their Reef Beat environment? That would put this above Reef Factory on my list (which is above Apex and Hydros, which I don't want to mess with).

As a side-note, I'm also debating the Reef Factory dosing pumps vs. Red Sea dosers, and a future Kh controller by Red Sea would also affect this decision.

Thanks!

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No news currently, I would try not to stay locked to 1 ecosystem though. No manufacturer fits all your needs the best and the convenience of 1 app is not worth the sacrifices you would have to make imo.

Of course its all subjective and maybe having 1 ecosystem is your highest priority.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No news currently, I would try not to stay locked to 1 ecosystem though. No manufacturer fits all your needs the best and the convenience of 1 app is not worth the sacrifices you would have to make imo.

Of course its all subjective and maybe having 1 ecosystem is your highest priority.
Would be nice to have everything under one App, but I definitely see your point. Best in class for each piece of equip seems to come from a different manufacturer! Thanks for the pointer. After thinking it through, having a machine decide my dosing seems like another potential for failure, so I could go with Red Sea dosers, Reef Factory KH keeper and manually adjust dosing levels/QC check as needed.

xCROv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be nice to have everything under one App, but I definitely see your point. Best in class for each piece of equip seems to come from a different manufacturer! Thanks for the pointer. After thinking it through, having a machine decide my dosing seems like another potential for failure, so I could go with Red Sea dosers, Reef Factory KH keeper and manually adjust dosing levels/QC check as needed.
Did you ever end up making a decision and if so how has it gone? In the same boat now

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever end up making a decision and if so how has it gone? In the same boat now
I got an X3 doser from Reef Factory that I am planning to out into practice this week. Held off on the KH keeper and will stick with manual testing for now. Might put it on the bday/xmas list. Will keep watching for reports on how the KH keeper holds up.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back