Looking for an Alkalinity monitor / controller

SteelRain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a hard time deciding between the kh directors in the market. What are your experiences? I’ve been looking at GHL kh director, Alkatronic, Neptune Trident, and the Reef Factory kh keeper. Thanks!

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a controller?

I have an apex and opted for the alkatronic. Reason being, I ran the math and even though the upfront cost of the unit is a bit pricey, the reoccurring cost for reagent is the cheapest.

Alkatronic is rough around the edges on the software and user interface side of it, but it makes up for that by being able stay consistent with its readings.

OP
OP
SteelRain

SteelRain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a controller?

I have an apex and opted for the alkatronic. Reason being, I ran the math and even though the upfront cost of the unit is a bit pricey, the reoccurring cost for reagent is the cheapest.

Alkatronic is rough around the edges on the software and user interface side of it, but it makes up for that by being able stay consistent with its readings.
I don’t have a controller. So running the trident route would be a much larger cost

Rovert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use a Trident, then adding an Apex will enable you to cycle your CaRx as needed based on those values. I'm sure you can pick one up pre-owned, and the 'generic' reagents from ABC Reagents make it easier on the wallet.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a hard time deciding between the kh directors in the market. What are your experiences? I’ve been looking at GHL kh director, Alkatronic, Neptune Trident, and the Reef Factory kh keeper. Thanks!
I have 2 alkatronics on 2 systems, best move I've made for alkalinity imo. I was skeptical at first but as time goes on I'm more confident with the machine and my decision I'm glad I got them. the testing is so cheap and I run 4 tests a day, I've been able to see alot of information and been able to correct when needed. it also catches the lows and adds for me until I can adjust my dosing.

I would and did go alkatronic, but I also have no other experience with any other alkalinity monitor or controller.

good luck

acabgd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to know the same, time for me to jump on the Alkalinity Monitor bandwagon. No controller here. Trying to justify GHL KH Director, but looking at other options as well as I intend to buy only the KH monitor, not the whole controller setup.

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the 'generic' reagents from ABC Reagents make it easier on the wallet.

I love ABC Reagents. It's nice to test as much as i want without sweating the cost. I emailed them and asked if I can just top off the Reagents when they get low. So there's no waste of Reagents. Unlike neptune that says they're reagents expires and instructo to only switch out bottles and don't pour remaining reagent into a new bottle.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 76 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back