Will Red Sea release a controller / automated tester?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on with connection issues. Op that said “superior in ease of use” obviously does not own an Apex. That should be their target. However Neptune does it whatever their mode should be the industry standard. Fusion and the apps function perfectly compared to competition. I will admit to the fit and finish if the Red Sea products. Always nice. However that’s the benefit of not being first. I am always paying attention. To their products. I have been in this hobby since 2001. I own a reefer 450 and 3 rs90’s. The process of connecting the lamps and changing programs is awkward and clunky (ps the power supply’s are GARBAGE). There is a lag in the system when making changes. Fusion doesn’t have this, when I flip a virtual switch in fusion the effect is immediate. I like the reefdose but my DOS run off my trident. I hope that they can revamp the whole ReefBeat ecosystem and get it reliable and running on all cylinders. Until then I’ll be in the bleachers cheering them on.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t even read the post but based on the title I would say they need to have a working app just like all other major companies. I don’t know what it is but it seems like they are really suck at the softwares. Always problems.

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do wonder whether Red Sea would consider partnering with Sicce for controllable return and needle wheel pumps the way they do with Maxspect for wave pumps.
Here you go!

Available Spring 2023.

OP
OP
mmorriso

mmorriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go!

Available Spring 2023.

I’m excited, I’d really like an automated tester with Red Sea ease of use and purchasability. It’s basically impossible to find KH Director reagent here in Australia.

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would be nice they coming out with some good stuff lately. Reefmat is superior now an ato which I am interested. I can see a controller in there future.

OP
OP
mmorriso

mmorriso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be nice they coming out with some good stuff lately. Reefmat is superior now an ato which I am interested. I can see a controller in their future.
Exactly, I had two other filter rollers before my ReefMat, it’s so much better than any other. I’d love for Red Sea to do the same for automated testing.

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Exactly, I had two other filter rollers before my ReefMat, it’s so much better than any other. I’d love for Red Sea to do the same for automated testing.
I guess let's see. Would probably take them a while. Hopefully not. Wish we could tag them here.

NotoriousDMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
At the very least, I hope this drives others to innovate. It feels like certain other folks have gotten just a bit too comfortable and haven’t changed anything in waaaaaay too long.

Agree about Reefmat. I had a roller prior to that and the RM500 is just up to date and better.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the very least, I hope this drives others to innovate. It feels like certain other folks have gotten just a bit too comfortable and haven’t changed anything in waaaaaay too long.

Agree about Reefmat. I had a roller prior to that and the RM500 is just up to date and better.
All they're really missing is a testing system. Since they already sell the testing kits, they should be able to implement something utilizing their own reagent refills.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back