Will reef flux give me Dinos?

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got dinos because my 5g tank is young (about 10 months). Current inhabitants are thousands of baby snails, an adult trochus, a single blue leg hermit, and a small emerald crab. (And tons of Zoas and shrooms)

I fought them off by dosing nutrients hard, turning up the temperature, and increasing biodiversity.

However, now I have massive clumps of GHA. Nutrients are low but lowering nutrients alone doesn’t remove the GHA already there.

I have a package of reef flux. I want to use it to nuke the GHA but I’m worried that will just create an opening for Dinos.

Will the reef flux bring back my Dinos? Any other ways to hand it?

Last edited:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is possible. I usually deal with GHA with manual removal. Snails will snack on it if it’s short enough.

OP
OP
Robert Binz

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is possible. I usually deal with GHA with manual removal. Snails will snack on it if it’s short enough.

I’ve tried pulling it out but the whole rock comes with it. Maybe I’ll pull the rock out and dose the GHA with peroxide

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back