Will Reef Roids stay suspended in a kreisel tank?

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm unlikely to get an answer for this question but I'll ask anyway.

Will Reef roids stay suspended in a kreisel tank with mild flow?

I'm experimenting with different kinds of food for pelagic crustacean larvae and reef roids are one of the things I'd like to try (only as a supplement feed).
The thing is though, Reef roids are kind of expensive and if it just sinks to the bottom of my kreisel tank, like how my other crushed flakes and pellets I've tried did, I don't want to bother and waste my money.
I know this will very much depend on amount of the flow in the kreisel tank which I cannot really explain. Other then to say it's quite mild and most (if not all) of the crushed fish food I tested ended up sinking and staying at the bottom. The frozen food particles did stay suspended though.

Any thoughts, impressions, and opinions based on your experience with reef roids are welcome.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your crushed flakes are sinking straight to the bottom, I would say there is not enough flow. Flake food never touches the sand in my tank, it just flies around.

As you admit, your answer depends on your flow, how much flow you have and how the powerheads are angled.

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef roids are like a powder though, and definitely stay suspended, at least in my system. I don't think it will require much flow at all to keep reef roids in the water column.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back