Will solo clownfish turn female in QT?

SonyaBAZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to pull my male clownfish from my DT to treat for internal parasites. He's only been in QT for 5 days but I had a random thought. If he needs to be treated for an extended amount of time do I need to be worried he will turn into a female? If so, how long do you think I have before I run into an issue when I go to reintroduce him back into the DT? Or do I just return him to DT and treat everyone with medicated food? Im currently doing metroplex and focus soaked food in QT. My DT is a reef tank. Thanks for the help!

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every fish is different obviously but if it’s a young male it will take longer older male may only take a month of being alone to change to female maybe shorter.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do people usually pair Clowns? 2 juveniles of around the same size or with a size differences? Thanks. Don’t mean to hijack.
I paired mine as 1” babies. One naturally became the female and grew more than the other. Best way to do it imo, less likelihood aggression using this method. Good luck!

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paired mine as 1” babies. One naturally became the female and grew more than the other. Best way to do it imo, less likelihood aggression using this method. Good luck!
Another highjack! Sorry, I just received 2 cownsfish, 4 Chromis and a orchid dottyback in 20 gallon quarantine from liveaquaria, will go to 120 gallon, never had such tiny fry, what do I feed them, my main tank are tangs, not carnivores, any advice???

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed LRS Frozen foods (I have a 20 so I use the nano reef frenzy) so I can easily adjust my feeding as they grow larger. Very easy to find and use in the US, but most frozen foods should work. Good luck!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back