OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not do a water change every week all the time but in case of emergency like this. I would say it worked for me to get my nitrates down in the past to do it 2 weeks in a row and then two weeks later one more time and then once a month again
I will do just that. Thank you!

OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I met a parasite which is smaller than red bug in the root of the coral in China, which can cause STN. Look carefully with a bright flashlight,You'll see a lot of bugs moving fast,Do you have this in your pet store?
Maybe but I have high high doubts. Canada is pretty strict on that stuff

Jwise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have copepods everywhere and I have an algae scrubber instead of chaeto
Ok well it seems like you are doing everything correctly other than not cleaning the filter sock out every other day. What kind of fish do you have in the tank? Do you have any reef safe with caution fish like pygmy angels or file fish, or heavy wast producers like a bunch of tangs or foxfaces.

OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well it seems like you are doing everything correctly other than not cleaning the filter sock out every other day. What kind of fish do you have in the tank? Do you have any reef safe with caution fish like pygmy angels or file fish, or heavy wast producers like a bunch of tangs or foxfaces.
I have a filefish but he lives in my sump amongst the liverock eating aiptasia lol so he is not doing any damage to the corals up top.

Yes I have 3 tangs and 1 foxface.

Jwise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a filefish but he lives in my sump amongst the liverock eating aiptasia lol so he is not doing any damage to the corals up top.

Yes I have 3 tangs and 1 foxface.
I would try and see if i could get a second filter sock for the water going into the refugium to catch waste before it gets into the refugium and break down. This is because of the amount of waste that those fish produce they are like a waste factory. I would also clean that filter sock out every two days to a week as well.

Jwise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully that help you out with your nutrient problems. What size tank is your btw.

OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try and see if i could get a second filter sock for the water going into the refugium to catch waste before it gets into the refugium and break down. This is because of the amount of waste that those fish produce they are like a waste factory. I would also clean that filter sock out every two days to a week as well.
Definitely man that's a great Idea! I will give it a shot!

OP
OP
Z

Zbutcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully that help you out with your nutrient problems. What size tank is your btw.
It's about 180 but a customer build. Dimensions are 6' long, 3' wide, 12" high.

Essentially a big coral flat.

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if it was said but don’t crank up your lights right away. That will shock the acros too. raise it a couple percent per week.

Back