Will the Fungia live?

lilbitreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
251
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I got this fungia coral from a guy getting out of the hobby. I am not sure how well it is doing. I placed it in the tank it seems bleeched out but does have a few dark stripes so hopefully there are still some zoazanthelle. It does have an active feeding response and takes in reef roid readily. But the day after I feed it the tissue seems to receed near the mouth and I can see the stoney plates. I will post pictures and a timelapse video of it eating. It did give it a drop of polypbooster a minute before the video which is why his mouth was opening.

Would it be advisable to spot feed it reef roids daily or every other day? I am not worried about nutrients right now as they are all 0 and I am running zeovit.



IMG_5088.JPG
 
yes to the nitrates and phosphates. I am dosing a bunch of zeovit blue bottles right now. so nutrients really aren't low, Nitrates and phosphates are 0
 
sorry inserted the wrong picture, ignore my urchin he likes to rearrange corals for me.

IMG_5073.JPG
 
I have an algae problem so it has taken it all up. I am trying to add more nutrients but it's not working. Since implementing the zeovit system and adding a foxface the nuisance algae is slowing down. I have two geisman vervves.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new