Will the sand I have suffice?

ProfessorAronnax

Conscientious Marine Aquarist
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2019
Messages
392
Reaction score
430
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all!
I have 3 sixteen pound bags of carib seas special grade aragonite. Will this grade be alright for sand sifting stars or jawfish? Curious because ive never used this type before.
Thanks!
 
Last edited:
It's my current sand. Works great with my gobies and CUC. Had Fiji Pink and it was just too fine and blew around far too easily and got "dirty" really fast. Real pain to pull it out and change to special grade. Really like it.
 
It's my current sand. Works great with my gobies and CUC. Had Fiji Pink and it was just too fine and blew around far too easily and got "dirty" really fast. Real pain to pull it out and change to special grade. Really like it.
That's awesome to hear!Thank you!
 
Hey y'all!
I have 3 sixteen pound bags of carib seas special grade aragonite. Will this grade be alright for sand sifting stars or jawfish? Curious because ive never used this type before.
Thanks!

People love special grade because it's not too fine and not too coarse. It's juust right! :)
I recently ordered 40 lb for a new nano I'm setting up soon. (With likely a lot left over.)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new