Will these grow out okay here?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jl330
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jl330

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2017
Messages
761
Reaction score
394
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a few things last week and I'm still new to this. They were on frag plugs so I just found places in my rockwork to make it fit.

Will these grow out as a plate? Or some other way?

Should I move them?

20171105_110338.jpg
20171105_110345.jpg
20171105_110354.jpg


Ignore the pictures of how they look, this was the day I brought them home and they hadn't colored up entirely yet and the ninja turtle acan got dropped in the sand. They look better now but my lights are off.
 
They'll grow out of a kind of ball then spread out from there. Medium light, medium flow, good water parameters, you'll be fine.
Good deal. I have the medium light and flow going. The Orange acan has a bit more light than the other 2 that are in the shade.

Flow is indirect and I'm feeding reef roids. Seems like I'm going what I need to.
 
The second pic is Blasto...low/medium flow and low light
I know. It should in theory be similar though. I have it tucked in crevice out of the heavy current and it's under a bigger rock so its in a shady spot. The acans are getting slightly more light.

It seems happy. It puffed up a bunch when i was feeding yesterday so i assume that's a good sign.
 
Depends on the par hitting that location really and how much light they received before. It's always best to start in the sand bed unless you have your lights dialed in and know what they're shooting across your tank par wise. All else, just monitor them for the next few days. If they are retracting, then they may need adjusting; if not, you're all set.
 
Depends on the par hitting that location really and how much light they received before. It's always best to start in the sand bed unless you have your lights dialed in and know what they're shooting across your tank par wise. All else, just monitor them for the next few days. If they are retracting, then they may need adjusting; if not, you're all set.
What do you mean by retracting?

Sorry, new here.

I know they've been opening up to feed. Is that a good sign?
 
fcf8718b2aef25a311ccb0eb02e9c27a.jpg


Opening like that or like your previous pic?

Heads will be smaller if it’s Merletti though
 
somewhere in between. That pic is from right after acclimating. They've been in since Saturday
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new