Will this Hollywood Stunner Chalice recover?

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2021
Messages
1,403
Reaction score
1,161
Location
Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Had this Hollywood Stunner for a good while now. It was browning quite a bit down low so we moved it to the center of the tank where it exploded and turned bright green.

Recently, I accidentally bumped it trying to catch a fish in 2 places and now it's doing this. Our pink b oobies chalice and avatar are doing great. It still puts out some long sweepers at night, but the center is getting bad looking.

20221218_125102.jpg
 
Me personally I would frag the good sides from that, it looks like it is spreading from the center to outwards
 
frag the rim...
 
Can I simply break them off? I don't really have any frag tools lol
 
yes, use scissors to clean away any of the dead tissue after fragging...
outside of tank
 
Thanks you guys! Hopefully it'll recover after fragging. We love this coral. Wonder what happened to make it start deteriorating
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new