Will this solve the ATO failure?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you may read my post that couple days ago I came home and I had an ATO failure. The float switch was completely submerged and the bucket was emptied. So the motor should have stopped after I would say a 1-2 min but don’t think it did.

I have the Tunze nano 3152 installed fed from a standard 5g bucket to my sump. The exiting portion of the tubing is about 3 higher than the bucket so continuing syphoning after the motor is turned off should be a problem.

I had this setting for almost two years and never has an issue.

I soaked and cleaned both the float switch and motor with vinegar.

will adding this float valve almost guarantee to prevent this accident again? If not what are your suggestions? Get the ato with the light sensor?

thank/!

6D0F6DD7-67D6-4F48-927C-DFAD563F7230.jpeg CB9435D9-2952-4B40-AD0D-ABFD3029D1B4.jpeg

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The float switch is going to be another point of redundancy to help keep this from happening again in the future I use float switches on all of my top off stuff and I've never once had an overflow yet fingers crossed that is yet knock on wood

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you may read my post that couple days ago I came home and I had an ATO failure. The float switch was completely submerged and the bucket was emptied. So the motor should have stopped after I would say a 1-2 min but don’t think it did.

I have the Tunze nano 3152 installed fed from a standard 5g bucket to my sump. The exiting portion of the tubing is about 3 higher than the bucket so continuing syphoning after the motor is turned off should be a problem.

I had this setting for almost two years and never has an issue.

I soaked and cleaned both the float switch and motor with vinegar.

will adding this float valve almost guarantee to prevent this accident again? If not what are your suggestions? Get the ato with the light sensor?

thank/!

6D0F6DD7-67D6-4F48-927C-DFAD563F7230.jpeg CB9435D9-2952-4B40-AD0D-ABFD3029D1B4.jpeg
The light sensors need to be cleaned periodically to I have float switches and the light sensors the light sensors get Caked Up with salt creep and need to be cleaned off periodically I personally like the float switches more as they giving me less problems

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back