Will this two pair?

Funtrader

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the wheeler goby and tiger pistol shrimp pair?

20231005_170226.jpg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, potentially :) But there's no guarantee! These days, remember that consent is required! You can't just force them in to a symbiotic relationship ;)

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be 50/50. Typically you will see amblyeliotris with Randall’s shrimp, but they also can pair with tigers. My tiger paired with an aurora goby.

OP
OP
F

Funtrader

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Randall's shimp and goby but it has been a few weeks now that I have not seen him. I introduced him to the tank a few weeks back he went to a rock and I haven't seen no activity in the area. I decided to give it a few weeks until I tried another pair. The pair I got where soooooo little that I am pretty sure they both ended up being a snack for someone in the tank. Who I don't know as none of my fish are agresive fish but you never know. So now I am trying a different approach with this two, the good thing is they both are pretty nice size compare to the other Pair. Crossing fingers

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Randall's shimp and goby but it has been a few weeks now that I have not seen him. I introduced him to the tank a few weeks back he went to a rock and I haven't seen no activity in the area. I decided to give it a few weeks until I tried another pair. The pair I got where soooooo little that I am pretty sure they both ended up being a snack for someone in the tank. Who I don't know as none of my fish are agresive fish but you never know. So now I am trying a different approach with this two, the good thing is they both are pretty nice size compare to the other Pair. Crossing fingers
I have had gobies disappear for months are turn out to be just fine. Thankfully once I moved my goby hunting hawkfish it started coming out regularly

Shaqs_Jumper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait!!!! So you are telling me the hawkish is a goby eater? Well then that explains where maybe my other pair went.
I've always wanted a hawkish just stayed away since they have a reputation for eating things we don't want them to, apparently if it'll fit in their mouth they'll try and eat it

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait!!!! So you are telling me the hawkish is a goby eater? Well then that explains where maybe my other pair went.
They can unfortunately. Usually its inverts but mine would grab a goby by the tail and thrash it about.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 151 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back