Will this work?

1Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200709_195103.jpg

As you can see I currently only have 1 piece of live rock in the tank, the rest is currently being soaked in bleach due to a bubble and hair algae outbreak.

My plan is to then cycle the rock in a bucket for 1-2 weeks using ATM Colony and then put it all in the tank AND take out that existing rock as I don't want any bubble algae spreading from it.

Current fish are 2 clowns and 2 Bangaii Cardinals.

Thoughts?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The roots of the mangrove will get very very big so that jar will not hold them. Do you have any bubble algae in the tank now?

OP
OP

1Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The roots of the mangrove will get very very big so that jar will not hold them. Do you have any bubble algae in the tank now?

What do you suggest I do with the mangroves then?

Yes, some bubble algae on the anemone rock, I will give the skimmer, filter and powerheads short vinegar baths and scrub them right before I put the rock back in.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you suggest I do with the mangroves then?

Yes, some bubble algae on the anemone rock, I will give the skimmer, filter and powerheads short vinegar baths and scrub them right before I put the rock back in.

The reason I asked is that couldn't the bubble algae just pop up somewhere in the tank?

As for the mangroves I am not sure. You could always use rocks to hold them. However, I have no clue how fast the mangrove roots grow, just that they get long. I will say that is a really cool looking tank!

OP
OP

1Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I asked is that couldn't the bubble algae just pop up somewhere in the tank?

As for the mangroves I am not sure. You could always use rocks to hold them. However, I have no clue how fast the mangrove roots grow, just that they get long. I will say that is a really cool looking tank!

Thanks, it'll go back to looking like this once the rocks are cleaned and cured.

20200407_150523.jpg

Back