will u b getting a diffuser for ur g5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DTz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DTz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2014
Messages
405
Reaction score
101
Location
malaysia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys... as the title says.. will u b getting one? if yes, why ?
 
I just ordered a G5 pro and diffuser for a quarantine setup I’ll be starting soon lol. I have them on my Gen 3’s to help with the high intensity lighting schedule I run.
 
I just ordered a G5 pro and diffuser for a quarantine setup I’ll be starting soon lol. I have them on my Gen 3’s to help with the high intensity lighting schedule I run.
So if the intensity is too high why not lower the setting instead of spend money and buy diffuser? I am really looking to understand.
 
Really not needed. I run 4 G5 Blues. Awesome without diffusers
 
i think main reason is to make the spread more even, less shadow and less discoball effect?
 
I ordered one. Looking to eliminate disco, get a little more illumination uniformity and to reduce eye glare. Tried taping a piece of parchment paper to the light and liked the look in the tank.
 
I installed mine Thursday and does help with disco ball effect, glare not so much. I do wish the magnets were stronger on the diffuser but cant complain for the $23 price.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new