Window fish shopping

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redbird5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Redbird5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
807
Reaction score
449
Location
Metro East St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about what fish I'd like to add to my aquarium. My aquarium is fallow due to velvet. I've added a UV sterilizer to my 45 gallon display tank.

I have a quarantine tank that is ready. I'm thinking about what fish I'd want. Basically I'm window shopping and waiting.
Basically I'm wondering what everyone has experienced with these fish I'm thinking about.

The fish I'm thinking about getting are, flame angel.

I had a lemon peel angelfish that I loved her personality. There's so many dwarf angelfish with vibrant colors I want to get another one. I have two rock flower nems. My lemon peel did nip at the first one until I gave her frozen angelfish food. She stopped after that or got sick I'm not sure.

Longnose hawkfish. I've wanted one since before I started in saltwater. They seem really cool. I have a peppermint shrimp and a skunk cleaner shrimp and turbo snails and small snails that I'm concerned about.

I'm also considering a valentini puffer. Again I'm concerned about the inverts and coral.

These are my center pieces and most likely I'll only get one.

I like fish that interact with me. I've done tons of research on these. I know their characteristics.
 
While I personally have not had a longnose hawkfish, that is one fish I have always wanted. Relatively peaceful fish and would make a great addition to any tank.
 
I love all of the dwarf angels! I really wish you could have more than one per tank, cuz I would have one of each! I have a coral beauty that is awesome.
 
I love all of the dwarf angels! I really wish you could have more than one per tank, cuz I would have one of each! I have a coral beauty that is awesome.
I'm with you on loving dwarf angelfish. When I had freshwater fish I always had angelfish. My favorite were the blacklace angelfish. They were very peaceful compared to others I had.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new