Wireless Apex Dongle, will it ever happen?

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick explanation. I have full blown apex 2016 on my display in living room. Set up a 30L in another room and have mixing station under stairs in yet another room. Would like to use a pm1 and energy bar on my 30L and some various equipment for my mixing station but let’s just stick with the 30L.
it would be nice if I could install the PM1 (even if it needed power) and have a wireless “APEX USB Dongle thingy” to plug into the PM1 and the main brain and control it through fusion. Have them connect wirelessly without running the apex usb hard line.
I know I can run the hard cable but accessis all but not doable where both tanks are located, not to mention the mixing station. @NeptunePaul @Terence have y’all toyed around with this?

Awesome Dennis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think there is any dongle, maybe a second head unit with a wireless access point?@SuncrestReef might know

OP
OP
Ferrell

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I mean something that would work like a WXM and communicate wirelessly with another module that’s in another room. I know I can get another brain and all that jazz but was just thinking outside the norm

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick explanation. I have full blown apex 2016 on my display in living room. Set up a 30L in another room and have mixing station under stairs in yet another room. Would like to use a pm1 and energy bar on my 30L and some various equipment for my mixing station but let’s just stick with the 30L.
it would be nice if I could install the PM1 (even if it needed power) and have a wireless “APEX USB Dongle thingy” to plug into the PM1 and the main brain and control it through fusion. Have them connect wirelessly without running the apex usb hard line.
I know I can run the hard cable but accessis all but not doable where both tanks are located, not to mention the mixing station. @NeptunePaul @Terence have y’all toyed around with this?

Not gonna happen. They want you to buy another unit . Something like this makes too much sense.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 48 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back