Witch hazel

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I've been dipping any corals with signs of stn or any sort of bacterial juju in witch hazel as per dong on reef bums podcast. When I do this I notice that it immediately kills any pods on the corals.

I'm needing to buy some coral rx and I realized why not just use witch hazel for any incoming coral ? It costs 1/4 the price for twice the amount.

Has anyone ever tried this ? Anyone else want to try this ?

Also I'm not as concerned with rinsing after a witch hazel dip as I would be with anything else.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I've been dipping any corals with signs of stn or any sort of bacterial juju in witch hazel as per dong on reef bums podcast. When I do this I notice that it immediately kills any pods on the corals.

I'm needing to buy some coral rx and I realized why not just use witch hazel for any incoming coral ? It costs 1/4 the price for twice the amount.

Has anyone ever tried this ? Anyone else want to try this ?

Also I'm not as concerned with rinsing after a witch hazel dip as I would be with anything else.
I haven’t tried it. Aren’t there two types of witch hazel? One with 15% ethanol and one that is just an extraction in water?

Jay

OP
OP
Rjmul

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t tried it. Aren’t there two types of witch hazel? One with 15% ethanol and one that is just an extraction in water?

Jay
I'll have to check when I get home. I got whatever dong recommended in reefbums video

sculpin01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second the potassium chloride recommendation. Very effective against the typical coral parasites at 10 g per liter for 5-10 minutes.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back